Monday 18 June 2012

49: Can You Love?


Can you love someone like me?  I might not be your first choice but I don’t think you would be disappointed.  Mostly I’m passed over but one day I’ll be noticed and given a chance to shine.

Can you love someone like me?  Others are better looking perhaps, hair not so wiry and curly and without that patch missing up top.  But don’t my deep brown eyes make up for that?  For the fact one eye is very slightly higher than the other?

Can you love someone like me?  I know I get a bit over-excited but that’s because I’m so pleased to see you.  Don’t we all get a bit like that sometimes?  Just tell me when I’m too boisterous and I’ll try to calm it down a notch.

Can you love someone like me?  I’m really clever, learn fast and I love showing what I can do.  Think of me as your own little project maybe, a work in progress.  I might forget sometimes but we’re none of us perfect.

Can you love someone like me?  No-one will ever be as loyal as I am.  No-one.  I’ll make it my number one priority to make sure you are happy and safe.  I’ll take care of you, even lay down my life for you if I have to.

Can you love someone like me?  Please take me home.

Inspired by “Can you love a fake piece of art?”



No comments:

Post a Comment